Searching the Shambhala. Altai
- hotel and camp accommodation;
- breakfasts, lunches and dinners;
- transport service according to the tour program;
- recreational fees;
- necessary equipment;
- English-speaking tour guide.
Altai is a fascinating part of Russia with picturesque steppe plains, clear mountain rivers and sheer cliffs. It’s believed to be the world of shamans, spirits and ancient legends. One of the says the entrance to Shambhala is here, in Altai mountains and the Lake Teletskoye. Feel the mysterious lands and see the region listed by the UNESCO as the world heritage.
- Arrival in Barnaul.
- Breakfast at the cafe. Check in to a hotel
- Tour to the Chuysky road – a path known from ancient times when it was used by warriors and merchants. Chuysky road is surrounded by mountains, we will see the Chike-Taman pass more closely. It is one of the most beautiful roads in the world named by the National Geographic
- Transfer to Chibit village, where tourists stay in wooden houses typical for Altai region. The camp offers a traditional Russian bathhouse.
- Lunch and dinner at the village camp.
- Bus tour to the valley of river Chulyshman (135 km). You will see landscapes with their poetic names (Red Gate mountains, Dead lakes and others) and walk through the Katu-Yaryk mountain pass about 3 km, which shows a breathtaking view of the valley from 1500 m height.
- Lunch and dinner at Katu-Yaryk. Overnight at the camp in wooden houses.
- Option: a performance of a throat-singing master showing the traditional folklore vocalism.
- Walking tour to the Uchar waterfall (22 km, 8-10 hrs total). A tourist path running through clear springs will lead you to the largest cascade waterfall of Altai about 160 m high..
- Going back to the camp.
- Walking tour to the “Stone mushrooms” rocks. That’s a rare natural wonder created by wind, water and temperature changes through hundreds of years.
- Tour to the lake Teletskoye, one of the main places of interest in Altai. The land is covered with age-old cedars, rocky shores surround clear water of the lake where you can feel united with the nature.
- Dinner and overnight at a camp ion wooden houses.
- Free day at the camp on the shore of Teletskoye lake.
- Lunch and dinner at the camp are optional.
- “Searching for the Shambhala gate” – a boat trip in lake Teletskoye (78 km). Shambhala is a mysterious land from ancient Asian legends. There’s a belief that once in a hundred years a special light is seen above the Teletskoye lake meaning to be the entrance to Shambhala.
- Tour to Korby waterfall located right in the lake.
- Transfer to Barnaul and check-in at the hotel.
- Transfer to the airport in Gorno-Altaysk or Novosibirsk.
RUB per person
|48 600||48 600||48 600|