Exploring Russian South. Sochi
accommodation in 3* hotels (Khost) according to the program;
meals according to the program;
tickets to sightseeing places
Historically, Sochi, along with Crimea, was one of the most popular resort regions in the Krasnodarski Krai.Today Sochi is the main resort of Russia and the capital of the Russian south. This is a major financial and cultural center, rapidly developing in recent decades. Modern Sochi lies along the eastern Black Sea coast from the Magri to the Psou River. Museums and churches, world’s best hotel chains, Olympic level sports facilities, beaches, picturesque landscapes and sharp mountain peaks, sparkling waterfalls and clean mountain air – one can find everything in Sochi.
- Check-in to the hotel.
- Introductory talk about the climate, cultural and territorial particularities of the city.
- 13.00 – A bus tour of the historical center of Sochi, 4-5 hours, where visitors will get acquainted with the Soviet period of the city’s history. During the tour, guests can walk through the main Soviet attraction of Sochi, the Ordzhonikidze sanatorium, built in the style of the Stalin Empire, organically integrated into the floristic collection of the sanatorium park.
- Transfer to the city center. Visit to the Stalin's Summer Residence.
- Bus and pedestrian walk in the central district of Sochi. Eclecticism gives a special charm and color to Sochi - a mixture of the city’s architectural styles. Here you can find modernity, constructivism, classicism and certainly high-tech. During the tour one can see the three landmarks of the city: Sochi Railway Station, the seaport building and the Winter Theater.
- Return to the hotel.
- Dinner. Free time.
- Breakfast at the hotel. Departure for the excursion at 10.00.
- As a part of the out-of-town excursion, visitors will get a bird's eye view of Sochi. A trip to the top of Mount Akhun leaves a lasting impression. From the observation deck, spectacular panoramas open of snow-white clouds and the southernmost city lying under your feet: rivers, green hills, rocks, foothill villages, white tall soaring hotel building, pensions, the endless horizon of the Black Sea.
- On the way back we will see the small but very beautiful and full-flowing waterfalls at any time of the year on the Zmeyka River.
- Picnic lunch on the banks of a mountain river.
- After lunch there will be a walk along the Matsesta Valley, known far beyond Sochi for its mineral springs – the place of the first bathing procedures for vacationers in the resort.
- Return to the hotel. Free time.
- Breakfast at the hotel. Lunch at the cafe.
- The route excursion to Krasnaya Polyana and the Olympic Park – the venues of the Winter Olympic Games – 2014, duration 7-8 hours. In the frame of the excursion, visitors will get acquainted with the climate features of the mountains of Krasnaya Polyana and Sochi Black Sea, the unique flora of the highlands, the history of small mountain villages – Krasnaya Polyana and Esto-Sadok. After exploring the highlights of the natural reserve, there will be a visit to the Akhshtyrsky canyon, the observation deck of the Ah-Tsu gorge, the Maiden’s Tears waterfall; dolmen complex – an architectural monument of the Middle Bronze Age.
- The absolute highlight of the excursion is the Olympic infrastructure of Krasnaya Polyana – the ski resorts of Gorki Gorod, Gazprom and Rosa Khutor.
- Going further along the new Olympic Highway to the Olympic Park. Acquaintance with the infrastructure of the Olympic Park, the history of the Imereti Lowland and the ice palaces that are now being constructed.
- Return to the hotel. Dinner.
Leisure time in Sochi.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel.
- Exploring the nature of the Primorsky zone of Sochi.
- 8.30 – Departure for an excursion to the branch of the Sochi Arboretum in Adler, Sounthern Cultures Park. Exploring the collection of exotic plants introduced in the subtropical climate of the city at the end of the 19th century: camellias, leafless magnolias, several types of palm trees. The highlight of the park is a collection of conifers, as well as an alley of centennial plane trees and sequoia.
- Return to the hotel. Lunch.
- 14.00 – An excursion to the heart of the Caucasian Biosphere Reserve – Tisosamshitovaya grove. During the tour visitors will learn the history of the Caucasus Nature Reserve, the peculiarities of Colchis forests, and will also be able to explore the history of the medieval Khosta (Costa).
- At the end of the journey, there will be a Russian banya (bathhouse) available for the all visitors.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Excursion «Sochi – the city of all religions». During the walk one may explore the ancient Byzantine fortress temples, Muslim madrassas, pompous modern cathedrals and modest Christian temples of the late XIX century. During the program, you visit the ruins of the ancient temple in Loo, St. Michael and St. Vladimir Cathedrals and the Cathedral of the Image of Christ the Miraculous, the Mamaia Church of St. Panteleimon and the Church of the Assumption of the Holy Mother in Khosta.
- Return to the hotel. Free time. Dinner.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Travel to the village of Vorontsovka – the former estate of the princes Vorontsov. Here among the relict forest, visitors will see the famous Vorontsov caves, the total length of which is 11 km. There will be the equipped trail available, surrounded by cascades of stalactites and stalagmites and a fan of streak formations. Visitors will be able to use this trail.
- A visit to the Khosta tea factory, where the guide will tell you about the secret of growing Krasnodar tea, its varieties, and collection rules. At the end of the visit there will be a tea ceremony with a tasting of several varieties of tea.
RUR per person