Russian New Year with Northern Lights by train
onboard «Imperial Russia» Train (towels, bathrobes and slippers, water, tea, coffee provided);
2 o/nights at Moscow hotel and 2 o/nights at Murmansk hotel.
Excursions & guides:
english speaking Group Leader and Tour managers;
excursions with local guides according to the program;
excursions will be conducted in English, German, French and Spanish. Other languages are possible upon request.
tea/coffee on board throughout the day;
full board according to the tour program (except for the first and last day);
pick-up at the airports, transfer to hotels and train stations, transfer to the airport;
services of the porter at the hotel and the railway station;
brief informative lectures on the Russian New Year, traditions, geography and history;
entertainment program on board the train (board games, live music, travel information).
Moscow – Saint Petersburg – Petrozavodsk – Murmansk – Vologda – Moscow
26 December 2020 – 04 January 2021
DAY 1 (26th DEC)
- Welcome to Moscow and Russian winter! Upon your arrival, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. You can choose to enjoy your down time at your hotel room or make a stroll in the hotel neighborhood to feel the festive mood of the city. This evening you will enjoy dinner on your own.
- Transfer from airport to a hotel.
- Accommodation in hotel (standard room).
DAY 2 (27th DEC)
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Grand City Tour.
After delightful breakfast, depart for a scenic drive through main streets and see major attractions of Russian capital. After a lunch break the guided walking tour takes you inside the former residence of the Russian Tsars. See the famous Tsar Cannon, the 16th century Tsar Bell, and Cathedral Square, home to three of Moscow’s most elaborate cathedrals. We will also visit the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and worldwide famous Moscow metro. When the daylights are deemed, take memorable pictures on the Red Square of Russian winter and Moscow New Year decorations, which rated as the most beautiful in the world. Enjoy your dinner at a local restaurant and drive back to the hotel.
- Visit to the Moscow Kremlin which is a symbol of the Russian State, one of the greatest architectural complexes in the world, a treasure house of magnificent relics and monuments of art.
- Visit to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and worldwide famous Moscow metro.
- Transfer to the hotel.
DAY 3 (28th DEC)
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Russian Winter in Kolomenskoe.
In the morning, leave the city center for a visit to Kolomenskoe with its marvelous wooden palace that once served as a summer residence of grand dukes of Moscow and the Russian Tsars. Get to know rich architectural heritage created by the best Russian artisans. This beautiful palace comprises a large number of buildings connected throughout by passageways. Discover Russian winter with outdoor activities and traditional ceremony of tea drinking with Russian pancakes. In the afternoon spend some time walking along the Arbat Street to feel the vibe of the city and festive atmosphere. You might want to drop in at some souvenir shops to look for some smaller presents to mark your wonderful time in Russian winter. In the evening after dinner in a restaurant, you are welcome onboard «Imperial Russia» Train!
- Shopping. Arbat street.
- Welcome to the «Imperial Russia» Train, welcome drink onboard.
- Departure to Saint Petersburg.
DAY 4 (29th DEC)
- Arrival in Saint Petersburg.
Saint Petersburg, often referred as Northern capital of Russia, is crowded with numerous historical monuments, marvelous palaces and beautiful bridges. After breakfast, visit the native place of the city, Peter-Paul-Fortress and pay tribute to the Romanov royal family in the Peter-Paul-Cathedral. St. Isaac’s Cathedral, one of the biggest dome buildings in the world, is not just an architectural masterpiece; it comprises innovative and unique engineering ideas of the 19th century. After lunch you drive towards Tsarskoe Selo where you visit Catherine’s Palace with the world famous Amber Room. Later this day stroll along colorful boulevards; enjoy the city Christmas market or just sit down to rest in one of the numerous cafes. After dinner accompanied by gypsy songs & guitar drive through the illuminated Saint Petersburg.
Board your train to continue your journey to the Arctic Circle!
- Breakfast at the restaurant
- Grand City Tour «Highlights of the Northern Venice» with an inside visit of Kazan Cathedral.
- Visit to St. Peter & Paul’s Fortress and Cathedral, visit to St. Isaak Cathedral.
- Tour to Pushkin Town.
- Tour to Tsarskoe Selo Summer residence.
- Visit to the Petrovskaya Akvatoria.
- Night city tour.
- Departure to Petrozavodsk.
DAY 5 (30th DEC)
- Today you arrive in Petrozavodsk, capital city of Republic of Karelia. The native karels and veps preserved their unique culture and traditions. Therefore, we will take you to the village of Kinerma to learn the history of the ancient Karelian settlement of 16th century. A local family will host you and invite for a traditional tea with Karelian pies. Drive back to provincial town of Petrozavodsk, the most Soviet one on our journey, and enjoy the concert of the local folk group «Kantele». Tonight dinner is offered onboard «Imperial Russia» Train.
- Tour to the village Kinerma.
- City Tour with visiting the Museum of the fine arts of Karelia.
- Depart to Murmansk.
- Dinner on board.
- Vodka testing.
DAY 6 (31th DEC)
- Breakfast on board.
- Today your train crosses the Arctic Circle. As «Imperial Russia» Train pulls through the Kola Peninsula enjoy your morning at leisure, follow the changing scenery with beautiful landscapes of the Khibiny Mountains. Shortly before lunch, you arrive in Murmansk, the most Northern point of our journey. For the next two days you will be lodging in a city hotel. This town started as a tiny settlement and Arctic trading post. Thanks to the influence of the Gulf Stream, the port is ice-free all year round. Depart for the city tour with such major attractions as nuclear icebreaker Lenin, World War II memorials. Later this noon enjoy your down time at your hotel room or make a discovery walk of the hotel vicinity. Join us for a festive dinner with a colorful show program in the beautifully decorated hotel restaurant to celebrate the New Year!
- Sightseeing tour of the city including soldier memorial, sailor memorial and local bridges.
- Accommodation in a hotel.
- Dinner with entertainment program.
DAY 7 (1st JAN)
- Late breakfast.
- On the first day of the New Year allow yourself to sleep in and enjoy the late breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Later this morning drive for the village of Lovozero, the center of the cultural life of the Saami, the native people of the Kola Peninsula. Meet the Saami Santa Claus who invites you for lunch and explains you about the lifestyle of Saami, life in tundra, reindeer herding and hunting. Walk around the village or on the frozen lake to capture the winter landscapes of Arctic winter or ride a reindeer sledding! Around dinner time arrive in Murmansk & enjoy a relaxing evening.
- Tour to the local village for traditional winter activities.
DAY 8 (2nd JAN)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure to Vologda.
- After breakfast at the hotel board «Imperial Russia» Train and start travelling towards Vologda. Today enjoy your stay onboard to reflect on cities you have already visited. Enjoy the relaxing day in anticipation of the next stop and picturesque winter scenery. You might want to attend one of the interesting lectures or entertaining program.
- Lunch onboard.
- Activities onboard.
- Dinner with music program with vodka degustation.
DAY 9 (3d JAN)
- Breakfast and lunch on board.
- In the morning arrive in Vologda, the city with significant historical and cultural heritage. This city is the same age as Russian capital and is rich in historical sights. The Kremlin Square is located right in the centre of the city, and Russian Tsar Ivan the Terrible used to walk around this place. Emperor Peter the Great used to visit Vologda frequently. Among artisans this city is well known for its delicate and exquisite laces. Stroll along the Kremlin grounds and listen to the history of this city, spot some of the remaining wooden houses with carved window frames that are very much like the laces. Try your hands in a workshop to paint gingerbread (or cranberry in sugar making) and take it as a memory of Vologda. In evening you are back onboard «Imperial Russia» Train to celebrate the farewell dinner.
- Departure to Moscow.
DAY 10 (4thJAN)
- Breakfast onboard.
- In the morning you arrive in Moscow.
- Transfer to Hotel / Airport.
- End of the trip.
|RATE||EUR per person|
|VIP (per person in a two-bedded compartment)||7150|
|BUSINESS CLASS (per person in a two-bedded compartment)||6800|
|FIRST CLASS PLUS (per person in a two-bedded compartment)||5650|
|FIRST CLASS (per person in a two-bedded compartment)||4750|
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT PAYMENTS||EUR per person|
|For single use of VIP compartment||4700|
|For single use of BUSINESS CLASS compartment||4500|
|For single use of FIRSTCLASS PLUS compartment||3900|
|For single use of FIRST CLASS compartment||3350|
See cabin desciption
Payment and cancellation conditions:
1. The prepayment is due 5 days upon receipt of the tour confirmation. The prepayment is non-refundable. The prepayment shall amount to:
• 1500 EUR – per person in VIP compartment;
• 1500 EUR – per person in BUSINESS CLASS compartment;
• 900 EUR – per person in FIRST CLASS PLUS compartment;
• 900 EUR – per person in FIRST CLASS compartment;
• 900 EUR – per person in COMFORT CLASS compartment.
2. Full payment is due 65 days prior to departure.
3. Cancellation of a confirmed reservation 65 days prior to departure is subject to penalty at the rate of 50 % of the tour price.
4. Cancellation of a confirmed reservation 35 days prior to departure is subject to penalty at the rate of 100% of the tour price.
Services not included:
• international and domestic flights;
• visa fees (Company is not liable for passengers with incorrect or expired visas);
• all drinks ordered in the bar car;
• “Tailor made” excursions. You have possibility to extend your Tour. We offer additional excursions in every city within the Tour and in other cities of Russia;
• meals on the day of arrival, departure;
• tips and personal expenses;
• insurance (every passenger is obliged to have a medical insurance for the whole duration of the Tour);
• Vaccination: consult your doctor or medical center for specific health advice, due to visit of different countries in terms of this Tour.