Karelia. Tranquillity immersion
transport service according to the program;
services of an English-speaking guide;
accommodation in hotel in «Streletsky ostrog» park (1 night) Holiday park Chernye kamni (1 night);
meals according to the program;
entrance fees and excursion services;
banya on the first and second day (rent of a banya, towels, sauna whisk);
entertaining activities according to the tour program;
railway tickets on the route «Petrozavodsk – Saint Petersburg»
- 09:00 – Departure from Saint Petersburg on a comfortable bus.
- 11:30 – Temple of the Konevskaya Icon of the Mother of God. The church of the Konevskaya Icon of the Mother of God was designed by the architect N. S. Veselov, construction began in 1994. The temple design reminds old Russian architecture, with carved windows casing, a bell tower, a fountain and an amazing monument of St. George the Victorious killing a serpent. In the church shop you can buy local natural products.
- 12:30 – Excursion to the Korela fortress. You will find yourself in the atmosphere of the Middle Ages, and the guide will tell you many legends and secrets associated with this place and its famous prisoners.
- 13:30 – Lunch in the authentic tourist complex – open air Living History Museum «Streletsky Ostrog».
- 14:30 – Accommodation at the hotel.
- 15:00 – Boat trip through the picturesque Ladoga skerries. The tour will take place along the Lehmalahti Bay, bypassing dozens of uninhabited islands. The final destination of the walk is the island of Kilpola, one of the largest islands on Ladoga. Here, the group climbs the hill Rullalahdenvuori, which is 57 meters above the level of the lake. This hill is an excellent viewing platform with a beautiful view on Lake Ladoga. Climbing the hill is convenient and accessible to everyone.
- After exploring the hill, you return with the boats to the pier of Lehmalahti Bay. On your way you will see the Manor House Pukkiniemi – the only surviving wooden manor of the late 19th century.
- 17:00 – Entertainment program in «Streletsky ostrog»:
– a museum tour; overview of the Streletsky era;
– visiting the exhibitions of guard towers and the viewpoint;
– visiting the powder tower – the powder warehouse;
– visiting the weapons room – cold-arms exposition;
– visiting the commandant’s house – an exposition of firearms and cold-arms, uniforms and a house church;
– ivisiting the forge – an exposition of a blacksmith's craft;
– visiting the black banya (Russian steam sauna);
– visiting the household yard and horse stable;
– visiting the barracks – an exposition of household life;
– visiting the tavern – an exhibition of everyday life;
– shooting range – crossbow shooting;
– shooting range – archery;
– Streltsy marching drill, old games, contests and fun;
– photo session in historical costumes;
– workshop to choose: cooking / casting musket bullets / painting ceramics / making wax candles.
- 20:00 – Dinner.
- 21:00 – Free time. Guests can relax in the Russian banya (sauna) (included in the price) or rent the following (extra charge):
– ATV single;
– rowing boat;
– bow shooting gallery;
– vocational training in archery.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- 11:00 – Check out. Departure to Sortavala.
- 13:00 – Sightseeing tour of the city of Sortavala.
- 14:00 – Arrival at the first open-air museum of living history in Karelia – Bastion Historical Park. Authentic lunch prepared according to medieval recipes in the hall with torches and bearskins.
- 15:00 – Interactive tour to the Viking City. Inspection of all museum exhibits, photo session in historical costumes, tasting mead (6 varieties of honey wine).
- 17:00 – Arrival to the territory of the main attraction of Karelia – Ruskeala mountain park. Visiting the Italian and Marble Canyon, walking in the park. Excursion «Underground Ruskeala» with a visit to the caves of the mountain park and a short walk along the Emerald Lake. Flying over the Marble Canyon on a troll.
- 20:00 – Visiting the Ruskeala waterfalls on the Tohmajoki River, a walk along the hinged bridges over the Akhvensky waterfalls. Visiting the locations of the famous soviet film «The Dawns Here Are Quiet».
- 21:30 – Arrival at the Holiday park Chernye kamni. Check-in. Dinner.
- Free time:
– russian banya on the cape (designed for 15 people at a time), there is a descent for those who want to plunge into the lake. There are barbecue facilities and places for relaxation near the banya. The price includes towels and sauna whisk;
– boat trip (1 hour) along the picturesque bay of Kirkkolahti, sheltered from the winds.
- Breakfast at the hotel. Free time on the territory of the recreation center (additional services are paid on the spot).
- 10:00 – Check out. Departure to the capital of Karelia – the city of Petrozavodsk.
- 13:30 – Arrival in Petrozavodsk. Lunch.
- 14:30 – Excursion to the unique Maritime Open-Air Museum, the main exhibits of which are functional copies of historic wooden sailing ships. A visit to the museum, a tour of the Maritime Historical and Cultural Center, visiting historical sailboats and other ships. Master class of Jack Tar – training in making sailors knots.
- 16:30 – Sightseeing tour of Petrozavodsk (by bus and by walking).
- 17:30 – Transfer to the station.
- 18:00 – Departure on a comfortable high-speed train «Lastochka» to Saint Petersburg.
- 22:56 – Arrival to Saint Petersburg (Ladozhsky train station).
RUR per person