Back to the Middle Ages. The Royal road to Vyborg
- transport service according to the tour program;
- entrance fees to the museums;
- English-speaking tour guide;
- audio equipment;
- bottled water.
Welcome to the spot of medieval Europe in the suburb of Saint Petersburg. This is Vyborg, a city founded in 13th century by the Swedes. The Castle, stone-paved streets, architecture style create a genuine Middle Age impression that you will feel walking in this charming city.
The whole tour takes 1 day from 8:00 to 22:00 (depending on traffic).
- 08:30 Meeting the guide at the hotel in Saint Petersburg and a trip to Vyborg.
The trip goes by the famous http://travel-rus.com/administrator/index.php connecting St. Petersburg, Vyborg, Helsinki, Turku and Stockholm. You will travel along the shore of the Finnish gulf with its picturesque views.
- 10:30 Stop at Zelenogorsk to visit the Lutheran Church of the Transfiguration – built in the beginning of the 20th century by famous Josef Stenbäck.
- Transfer to Vyborg (130 km)
- 12:30 Highlights tour in the Old Vyborg which is a historical treasure itself. Built in 13th century as a Swedish fortress, nowadays this city is full of medieval atmosphere. You will see about 50 highlights showing the city’s way from its beginning to the modern times – squares, towers, the town hall, remains of Dominican Order monastery and many more.
- 14:00 Lunch and entertainment program at the “Round tower” restaurant. It’s a costume performance presenting the mysteries and secrets of Vyborg’s past: a battle of knights, medieval music and a workshop on dancing, a lunch with meals of 15th century.
- 16:00 Tour to the Vyborg Castle where you will have an excursion and come to the observation spot in St. Olaf;s tower to see the city panorama from 48 m height.
- Tasting event at the Delicacies shop. One of the symbols of Vyborg is a “krendel” – a pastry bun, which recipe goes back to Franciscan monks. You will taste a krendel, some ale, air-dried meat (wild boar, deer, beef) and different local beverages.
- 19:00 Transfer to Saint Petersburg.
RUR per person
|8 700||6 700||6 000||5 700|